Test mail to gnupg.user

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 13 11:53:18 CEST 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:03:00 +0200
Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> articulated:

> On Saturday 12 June 2010, Jerry wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:40:28 -0400
> >
> > Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8 at verizon.net> articulated:
> > > I see no way to do that. I have a Reply button and a Reply All
> > > button and no others. There is no such button on that screen that
> > > allows diddling buttons. Thunderbird 2.0.0.16, which is the latest
> > > for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it might prove to be academic anyway. Unlike several
> > other lists that I am subscribed to, this mailing list does not use
> > a "Reply-To:" in the e-mail headers. It would definitely facilitate
> > replying to list mail if the maintainer(s) of this list configured
> > the mailer to insert such a header that pointed to this list.
>
> There is such a header:
>
> Reply-to is intended to be used by the sender to state his preference
> for replies. If he prefers off-list replies then he should set it to
> his address and if he prefers on-list replies then he should set it
> to the mailing list address. (In fact, there's also the
> Mail-followup-to header which is even better suited for this than the
> Reply-to header.)

There does not appear to be any universal support for the
"Mail-Followup-To:" header. There was a draft for it:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-drums-mail-followup-to-00.txt

however, as far as I know, it was never adopted. RFC 2822 does not
mention it either.

> IMNSHO, it's not up to the mailing list admins to dictate where
> replies to my posts should go. Therefore, the mailing list software
> should not touch the Reply-to header.

Presently, the mailing list manager employed here strips away any

--
Jerry
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net