Test mail to gnupg.user

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jun 13 11:03:00 CEST 2010

On Saturday 12 June 2010, Jerry wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:40:28 -0400
>
> Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8 at verizon.net> articulated:
> > I see no way to do that. I have a Reply button and a Reply All
> > button and no others. There is no such button on that screen that
> > allows diddling buttons. Thunderbird 2.0.0.16, which is the latest
> > for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
>
> Unfortunately, it might prove to be academic anyway. Unlike several
> other lists that I am subscribed to, this mailing list does not use a
> "Reply-To:" in the e-mail headers. It would definitely facilitate
> replying to list mail if the maintainer(s) of this list configured
> the mailer to insert such a header that pointed to this list.

There is such a header:

Reply-to is intended to be used by the sender to state his preference
for replies. If he prefers off-list replies then he should set it to his
address and if he prefers on-list replies then he should set it to the
mailing list address. (In fact, there's also the Mail-followup-to header
which is even better suited for this than the Reply-to header.)

IMNSHO, it's not up to the mailing list admins to dictate where replies
to my posts should go. Therefore, the mailing list software should not
touch the Reply-to header.

> Conversely, many MUAs support the "reply to list" function that
> should work correctly on this list.

Exactly. It works correctly because those MUAs use the above mentioned
standardized (RFC 2369) List-Post header.

Regards,
Ingo