[OT] Re: Test mail to gnupg.user

Jerry gnupg.user at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 13 20:37:33 CEST 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:12:54 +0200
Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> articulated:

> Hmm, I never read anywhere that this would be the etiquette of this
> group. It's certainly not mentioned on the listinfo page of
> gnupg-users. Also, most people seem to reply to list only.

While it would appear that most users direct their replies back to the
list, there are a few morons who feel it is their sworn duty to CC: the
OP. It gets worse; another user unintentionally replies to just such a
message with the unwanted CC: intact. Now the OP starts receiving a
chain of unwanted e-mails.

While it is certainly possible to filter out just such nonsense, and
personally I feel that reporting it as SPAM since it effective is,
doing so would probably not bode well for the list's reputation..

--
Jerry ✌
GNUPG.user at seibercom.net

BEWARE!  People acting under the influence of human nature.