Digitally Sign a key

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Wed Jun 30 12:58:18 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 03:12:06PM +0530, Rahul R wrote:
> Hi GPG Experts,
>
> I have a request from one of my client that they need me to digitally sign
> their files in my server with my gpg key after encrypting it with their key.
> I am not familiar with this. ie encrypting a file with a key and digitally
> sign it with another key.
>
> The process that we are trying to perform is to encrypt the file with the
> customer’s public key and then sign the file with our private key.
>
> Can any body from this group help me in finding a way?

Take a look at the gpg2 documentation - the manual page says and even has
an explicit example of using both the -s and the -e options:

       gpg -se -r Bob file
              sign and encrypt for user Bob

Of course, you can point to a more specific recipient's key by giving either
an e-mail address or, better yet, a key ID instead of "Bob" to the -r option;
and you can specify which key to sign with using the -k option if you have
more than one secret key on the GnuPG installation where you're running this.

Hope this helps.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at space.bg    roam at ringlet.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.