updprefs command and changing key

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Sat Mar 13 05:36:02 CET 2010

Faramir wrote:
>   Just a question, and I don't have any intention about doing it, but,
> is there a way to disable the usage of 3DES in GnuPG, when encrypting?

Sure, the source is available -- the result just won't be a valid OpenPGP
implementation any longer.

Now for my "Just a Question": Why on earth would you want to?

To quote a friend of mine discussing 3DES:

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or