Portable GnuPG? (Ideally with portable TB+Enigmail)

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Mon Mar 15 21:14:14 CET 2010

On 3/15/2010 12:17 PM, Aaron Berthold wrote:

> Sadly, I'm not skilled enough to do this myself and my online search has
> only found something like http://portableapps.com/node/11402 , which
> didn't work when I tried it. (Installed it using the instruction at the
> link, Enigmail didn't find the portable gnupg version. -_-'')

I think you just found the wrong page.  Install the latest
thunderbirdPortable from here:

http://portableapps.com/support/thunderbird_portable

And install gpg from here:

http://portableapps.com/support/thunderbird_portable#encryption

This one isn't listed as a development test or beta status like the page
you had.

Then install Enigmail.

It worked fine for me.

Also keep in mind it's not a good idea to insert a USB Drive with your
private key into an untrusted computer.  You might want to make a dummy
key for demo purposes.