AUTO: Richard Hamilton is out of the office (returning 03/22/2010)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Mar 20 13:58:55 CET 2010

On 3/20/2010 8:49 AM, Jerry wrote:
> Scenario 3:
>
> He is not the boss, nor is he allowed to waste company time on private
> projects. In this scenario, the company gains by outing an employee who
> is wasting company resources and time on private projects.

Scenario 4:

He is not the boss and is on the list with his company's permission.
However, like many businesses, his company is very sensitive to
complaints from outside.  He probably doesn't lose his job or anything,
but does get a dressing-down from the folks who sign his paychecks, and
winds up thinking about this list, "gee, what a bunch of rude and
insensitive people -- as if *they've* never made an error before."

... The more we talk about this, the more we damage the list's signal to
noise ratio.  Originally, he just sent *one* off-topic message to the
list.  That has now spawned an entire thread of off-topic messages.  Why
are we still talking about this?  Let's let the list moderators handle
it, and go back to on-topic discussions.