gpg on open file

Fabrice RAFART fabrice.rafart at efs.sante.fr
Mon Mar 29 10:04:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a question, I'm not sure it be related to gpg or general to linux :

Can I prevent gpg to encrypt open file ?

I explain my situation : I have file dropped to filesystem by Windows
program with samba share. I take (with a script launch by cron) the file and
encrypt it. It may append that gpg take the file during the Windows programm
copy it.

For the now, I looking to use fuser to check this before encrypt the file
but it may be a better way to prevent this.

Regards,
Fabrice.