GPG on Windows 7?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:01:06 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:14:26 +0000, MFPA <expires2010 at ymail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>

>On Wednesday 17 November 2010 at 7:53:17 PM, in
><mid:AANLkTikXjd+Dc1JWaTN0DPtKyOupAqyUToNh9MBpJWvg at mail.gmail.com>,
>Avi wrote:
>
>> No. It has a program, GPGTray, that sits in the system
>> tray and can be used to access the interfaces, but it
>> is not integrated into windows explorer. You can find
>> its website at:
>> <http://www.jumaros.de/rsoft/index.html>
>
>By default GPGshell is not integrated into the Windows Explorer
>context menu; the option is available but not for 64-bit systems.

Now I have tried to install from scratch on a Win7 X64 PC.
I used these:
- GnuPG 1.4.11 windows client binary
- GPGshell 3.76

I had to manually add the GnuPG install folder to my system path for
GPGshell to work.

After this I could import my keyrings and start using GPG on Win7.
Seems to work for file encryption even though it is a big drawback
that the Explorer shell integration is missing. Now I have every time
to navigate a long way in order to encrypt a file instead of doing it
directly from Windows Explorer.

Now another GPGshell problem:
GPGshell insists on showing all its dialogs in Swedish whereas I want
them to be in English. I tried to find a language configuration dialog
or something but failed.
Is this program really so stupid that it insists on using the language
of my keyboard layout as the dialog language??? I can't belive it, so
I ask if someone here could explain how I can change it?
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden