AW: problem with german umlauts

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Fri Nov 19 02:32:09 CET 2010

On 19/11/10 2:17 AM, Reinhard Irmer wrote:

> you wrote on Do, 18.Nov.2010 (03:21:16):
>> On 16/11/10 8:17 PM, Reinhard Irmer wrote:
>>
>> That's odd, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Was this just
>> newsgroup (NNTP) posts or news and email?
>
> I tested it only on nntp.

Okay, I very rarely, if ever, look at Usenet anymore.  Everyone I
communicated with via newsgroups have migrated to blogs, forums and
mailing lists (some with NNTP gateways) and the rest is spam.  Very
occasionally I'll look at alt.anonymous.messages, but I haven't had
anything go through there in years.

> I know from a developer for enigmail, that headersigning/verifying
> is not implemented yet, but he told me, that it could be a feature
> in future if a RFC is available for that. The maintainer of the
> headersigning/verifying script I use is in contact with him. If you
> are further interested, look <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> and
> especially <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/README.html>

That does look interesting, but isn't really urgent for anything I do
anymore.

Regards,
Ben