AW: problem with german umlauts

Reinhard Irmer reinhard.irmer at kabelmail.de
Thu Nov 18 16:17:12 CET 2010

Hi Ben,

you wrote on Do, 18.Nov.2010 (03:21:16):
> On 16/11/10 8:17 PM, Reinhard Irmer wrote:

[...]

>> If different client is set to utf-8, TB shows the chars BAD in
>> headerpane and good in bodypane. If I change view to iso-8859-1/15
>> chars in headerpane getting well but in bodypane bad.
>
> That's odd, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Was this just
> newsgroup
> (NNTP) posts or news and email?

I tested it only on nntp.

[...]

>> Btw: this mail is header-signed. Did you get GOOD SIG on verifying?
>
> I can see the signature in the header, but Enigmail did not detect it
> at all.  I think it will only check the body for in-line signed or
> encrypted blocks and PGP/MIME.
>
> I don't really see the value in using OpenPGP for header signatures,
> that should be the purview of things like MTAs, mainly for DKIM or
> Domain Keys to verify an authorised sender for a domain.

I know from a developer for enigmail, that headersigning/verifying is not implemented yet, but he told me, that it could be a feature in future if  a RFC is available for that. The maintainer of the headersigning/verifying script I use is in contact with him. If you are further interested, look
 <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/>  and especially <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/README.html>

--
regards
Reinhard