Gpg4Win 2.0.4 with GnuPG 1.4.11?¿

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:05:40 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:48:49 -0500, Jerry <gnupg.user at seibercom.net>
wrote:

>> Winzip 15.  9.0 is /way/ old and likely is having problems operating
>> with the quite-new Windows 7.  Microsoft made some very substantial
>> changes to the way Windows works during the XP-to-Vista transition: I
>> suspect that's what's hanging you up.
>>

>A quick check would seem to indicate that WinZIP 11.x+ or newer is 64bit
>compatible with Windows. Honestly, version 9.x is totally deprecated. I
>use version 15 myself and it offers massive improvements, including a
>few I requested myself.

I ordered an update for version 15 of my WinZip today (I am getting
the upgrade offer emails all the time) so I got the version 15 setup
file.
But unfortunately for some reason the installer failed to start. I
came a couple of dialogs into the sequence, but when I clicked Setup
it worked for a few seconds, then died... :-(

 But this is really a sidetrack, the interoperability of the GPG tools
and Windows Explorer in Win7X64 is what I am after...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden