How can I drop a file for encryption on the GPA FileManager

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:39:24 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:59:36 +0000, Lee Elcocks
<l_elcocks at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Good Luck with GPG4win, i cannot find any decent documentation on how
>to use! and get no reply's from the GPG4Win mailing lists either.
>You can't sign and encrypt a file at the same time either through
>the command line so i had to abort and go back to PGP.
>Really annoyed i waisted my time on this.

I agree it is very strange because I too checked the checkboxes to
deposit the "Kompendium" but after installation it is nowhere to be
found!
I wonder why they make an installer that does not deposit the user
manual, especially if one checks that option in the setup screens....

But I have used it many years so I don't need the manual right now
anyway.
The Gpg4Win website has an on-line version of the documentation, which
you might want to take a look at, though.

My problems here come from the fact taht Microsoft in its wisdom has
ruled that in Win7X64 no 32 bit plug-in will be allowed to the Windows
Explorer, not even when running the 32 bit version.

And the OpenSource people are really mostly interested in Linux
solutions so they will probably not be in a hurry to fix this.
That is why I embarked on my own search to solve the problem a bit.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden