gpg-agent and scdaemon confusion when card is removed

John Ruff jcruff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:07:33 CEST 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 7:25 PM, Grant Olson wrote:

> On 10/3/2010 5:25 PM, Alphazo wrote:
>> gHowever for some reasons it
>> breaks when Crypto Stick is removed then inserted back. I no longer
>> have
>> access to the card. I have to kill scdaemon in order to get access
>> to the
>> card again.

I've been using the scd-event script found in the 'doc/examples'
folders in the source distribution to activate & lock my screensaver
when the card is pulled.  Logic exist in the script that would allow
you to call 'gpgconf --reload scdaemon' or 'pkill -9 scdaemon' when
the card is inserted.  You could play with this as a workaround.

This is only a workaround and not any official solution since the list
message below confirms code as the real issue.