Confirmation for cached passphrases useful?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Oct 16 01:12:21 CEST 2010

> Do you use ssh-agent?  Do you think their implementation of the same
> thing is not good?  If so, have you complained to them about it, or
> asked why the implemented it?

This seems to be an argument from implication of hypocrisy: as if, were I a user of ssh-agent, my opinion regarding gpg-agent could be safely dismissed on the grounds of my hypocrisy by not bringing the same issues up to the ssh-agent authors.

The answer to your questions are, "no, I do not," "I have not looked at it enough to have an informed opinion," and "I reject out of hand all argument by implication of hypocrisy."