Question about keyservers on Windows

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Thu Oct 21 01:39:16 CEST 2010

Anthony Papillion wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm a new member of the list but I've been using GPG for a bit now on
> Linux.  I recently installed it on my Windows machine and needed to
> revoke a compromised key. When I tried to send the information to the
> keyserver, I got the following error:
>
> Sending of keys failed
> gpg: sending key 0078B6E4 to hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
> gpg: system error while calling external program: No such file or directory
> gpg: WARNING: unable to remove tempfile (out)
> `C:\DOCUME~1\Anthony\LOCALS~1\Temp
> \gpg-A57D4D\tempout.txt': No such file or directory
> gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme `hkp'
> gpg: keyserver send failed: keyserver error
>
> I am using the latest version of GPG (downloaded from the site) and I
> KNOW this works on Linux.

Which version?

The binary installer or do you build from source?

There should be a program named gpgkeys_hkp.exe in the same directory as gpg.exe

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or