gpgme-1.3.0 make error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 7 13:52:59 CEST 2011

On Thu,  7 Apr 2011 10:22, spelbord at gmail.com said:

> - libgpg-error-1.10 (Went OK)

This is okay.

>> `gpg_err_set_errno'

Looking again at the your compile log:

  libtool: link: gcc -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -g -O2 -Wall
  -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o .libs/gpgme-tool
  gpgme-tool.o  ./.libs/libgpgme.so
  /usr/local/lib/libassuan.so.0: undefined reference to `gpg_err_set_errno'

show that it does not link to libgpg-error.  This is a bug in the
Makefile.  I'll fix int later.  The workaround is to run the link step
by hand:

  cd src
  ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I/usr/local/include \
             -I/usr/include -g -O2 -o gpgme-tool gpgme-tool.o \
             libgpgme.la -L/usr/local/lib -lgpg-error

Or if you don't need the gpgme-tool test program a

  touch src/gpgme-tool

should be sufficent.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner