keys not available for signed messages in this maillist

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 16:25:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

i wonder whether the keys from several members of this maillist should
be available from the keyserver. e.g. Grant Olson signs all his messages
here. evolution and gpg on ubuntu, however, fail to retrieve the public
key from the server:

the message always reads: signature exists, however, the public key is
required. I have already tried to use the key ID to look for the public
key, but, not too surprisingly, could not retrieve it. I have then seen,
that the key used for signing is one of grants subkey.

My question now is, why are those subkeys not retrieved?

I do not at all want to blame Grant, John Clizbe's key and that of
others can equally not be retrieved.

Cheers

bernhard