gpg: encryption failed: public key not found

123098 aoilean at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:08:31 CEST 2011

Sorry everyone because I should have made this clear on my first post: when I
say "I", I mean root. I log in that computer as sysadmin, so I do all my
work there as root. That's why I don't understand what the problem is.
There's only one keyring, containing root's keys and the recipient's public
key (signed with root's key so it's trusted).
The only thing I didn't think of is to mark it as trusted-key. I didn't
think it was of any use since I thought that signing it with root's key
would solve the trust issue, and anyway the problem is that gpg can't locate
the key, but I can try it tomorrow at work just in case.

Elena