Redux (gettext): was: gpg 1.4.11 - problem with dyld when refreshing keys. on a PowerPC Mac.

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 21:20:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

In my previous post:

> System: gpg 1.4.11 - Processor: PowerPC G4  (1.1) - MacOSX 10.5.8
>
> Compiled from freshly downloaded source code:
> /.configure without flags
> Version info:   gnupg 1.4.11
> Configured for: Darwin (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0).
> Compiled and installed.
>
> When running from Terminal:
> $ gpg --refresh-keys
>
> Output starts with:
> gpg: requesting key C91B085E from http server subkeys.pgp.net
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/libexec/gnupg/gpgkeys_http
>   Reason: image not found
> gpg: unnatural exit of external program
> gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme `http'

I made some research, and found pointers to the possibility that the
problem was with the version of gettext.

I was running version 0.17.

I attempted to upgrade to the current 0.18.1.1, it failed, but 0.18.1
got installed. The problem with gpg --refresh-keys remained unchanged.
I tried to install  gettext 0.18, it failed.

If someone is interested in the problem, I can copy the Terminal outputs.

By the way, gettext 0.18.1.1 installs without problems on an Intel
MacBook, where the command gpg --refresh-keys runs and completes without
warnings.

Thanks,
Charly