GitHub project for adding udev rules

Todd A. Jacobs codegnome.consulting+gnupg.org at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:13:14 CEST 2011

A month or so ago, I bumped into the fact that the howto on gnupg.org was a
bit outdated, and didn't really cover proper use of udev or libccid on
Debian and Ubuntu. So, I threw together a little howto of my own, and
bundled it with a new udev rules file and a helper script for generating new
udev rules for PC/SC readers.

https://github.com/CodeGnome/smartcard_rules<http://github.com/CodeGnome/smartcard_rules>

If you have some known-good PC/SC device IDs that don't respond with the
generic bInterfaceClass, please feel free to submit a pull request and I'll
add the rules. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to use crypto
cards on Debian-derived distributions in the future.

Enjoy!