Extract numbers from a key

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Aug 4 20:30:57 CEST 2011

> Why is it coded like that ? Is it safe ?

I'm pretty sure there is only one inverse given n and e, that is, d is unique.
Accidentally choosing the wrong d because you made an algorithmic/programming
error will create a non-working keypair. I'd say, since it works, it is correct.

Perhaps the better question is: *why* does it work? Why are the operations
equivalent?

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt