Trying to convert from PGP on XP to a GUI on Win 7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 22 18:15:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 00:10, MarshallAbrams at comcast.net said:

> encrypted file using gpg2.exe. There didn't seem to be a GUI.  Reading thru
> the manual, I see that there is supposed to be an extension/plug-in on the
> Windows Explorer menu for GpgEX, but I don't see it.  What should I do?

If you are using a 64 bit Windows7 you are out of luck.  We have not yet
ported GpgEx.  If you are using older 64 bit Windows version you have
the option to install a 32 bit version of the explorer.  Please do that
and you will be able to use GpgEX.  You might need to re0install
Gpg4win - I am not sure.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner