ld.so.1: gpg: fatal: libusb.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Feb 16 06:48:15 CET 2011

On 2/15/11 11:25 PM, Jason Harris wrote:
> Geez, doesn't anybody READ anymore?!  Even _I_ just managed to read:

Some of us read quite well: others less so.

David was responding to the information he had available.  The message
you're quoting was sent *after* David sent his.

> So, it is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH quoted above, and therefore
> IT IS ON THE SYSTEM, right?

When a system isn't working, it pays to be very cautious about making
assumptions about what's broken and what's working.  There's a big
difference between saying "it might be this, and here's a test we can do
to see if it is," and saying "IT IS ON THE SYSTEM!" -- unless you've
done more checking, you really shouldn't say it this confidently.