Default GPG Encryption Algorithm (symmetric cipher) is?

frankexchange at nospammail.net frankexchange at nospammail.net
Sun Jan 2 07:14:29 CET 2011

As mentioned I am a Linux newbie (command line adverse) and like many
users of Ubuntu they would not know how access details of what the
default symmetric cipher is.

Use of the term "default" was provided to mean the one GPG uses without
any user intervention IE: Default

So at risk of sounding silly, what is the Default symmetric cipher used
in GPG under Unbuntu 10.04 LTS?

Thanks
Frank