Can't use GPG key - secret key not available

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:52:45 CET 2011

I had given up on this last year but want to make the key signing work
again.

I still have the same error:

GPG error detail: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/bin/duplicity", line 1245, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/opt/local/bin/duplicity", line 1238, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/opt/local/bin/duplicity", line 1211, in main
    full_backup(col_stats)
  File "/opt/local/bin/duplicity", line 417, in full_backup
    globals.backend)
  File "/opt/local/bin/duplicity", line 295, in write_multivol
    globals.gpg_profile, globals.volsize)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py",
line 283, in GPGWriteFile
    file.write(data)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py",
line 153, in write
    self.gpg_failed()
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/duplicity/gpg.py",
line 165, in gpg_failed
    raise GPGError, msg
GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: sign+encrypt failed: secret key not available
===== End GnuPG log =====

GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: sign+encrypt failed: secret key not available
===== End GnuPG log =====

Any ideas?