What does the "sub" entry of a key mean?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:52:59 CET 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:31:56 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:06:50 +0100, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:21, jrollins at finestructure.net said:
>>
>>> describes in detail the meaning of the --with-colons output.  It's
>>> exactly the reference you're looking for when writing a program to parse
>>> the --with-colons output.
>>
>>FWIW, gpgme provides a reference implementation for it.  In general I
>>suggest to use gpgme because it provides a well maintained API to GnuPG.
>>Many programs use gpgme; Debian lists 37 direct dependencies.
>>

>What is gpgme? I found a very short reference on the GPG website:
>http://www.gnupg.org/gpgme.html
>But it talks about a "library" that applications should use to access
>gpg. What does "library" mean?
>I looked at the download, but it looks like a source tree for some
>kind of C program. :-(
>
>I am programming in Pascal (Delphi or Lazarus with FPC).

Now looked a bit longer at the downloaded files and found a subfolder
"complus" where ther is reference to a Windows com server gpgcom.exe.
According to the README the gpgcom.exe should be part of the archive,
but it is not...

<quote>
  * Because you are reading this file, you probably have already
    unpacked it distribution using a unzip utility :-). You should
    find these files:

       README      - This file
       gpgcom.exe  - The Gpgcom server <== Cannot be found!
       vbtest.html - A Test webpage
       vbtest.vbs  - A VB script to be used with the cscript utility
</quote>

So it seems like on Windows one is out of luck and must go the long
distance....

(And all because GpgEx won't work on Win 7 X64....)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden