What does the "sub" entry of a key mean?

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 19:46:47 CET 2011

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2011, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> What is gpgme? I found a very short reference on the GPG website:
>> http://www.gnupg.org/gpgme.html
>> But it talks about a "library" that applications should use to access
>> gpg. What does "library" mean?
>
> A library is similar to what in Pascal/Delphi is called a unit.
>

>> I looked at the download, but it looks like a source tree for some
>> kind of C program. :-(
>
> Well, it's the source tree of a C library.
>

>> I am programming in Pascal (Delphi or Lazarus with FPC).
>
> Then you'll need a Pascal-binding for gpgme. A quick Google search
> yielded bindings for many languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, C#/.NET), but
> not Pascal.

There's one at the Gnu Pascal site.

http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/nicola/gpgme.pas

I became acquainted with it a little while the Enigmail gang were testing the
English translation of the Adele server. If memory serves, it was written for
gpgme v0.3.4, so it will need some "fixing" to support the API changes
introduced later (0.4 ?) and carried through to modern versions.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Enigmail DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or