SSH authentication using OpenPGP 2.0 smartcard

Patryk Cisek patryk at debian.org
Wed Jan 26 08:25:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 08:39:28PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > Actually, I also needed to run 'gpgkey2ssh 0xDEADBEEF >>
> > ~/.ssh/authorized_keys" so I could ssh into the box as well.
>
> You should use
>
>   ssh-add -L
>
> which gives you the public key.  The comment field has the card number.
Also this is the one I used as a source for ~/.ssh/authorized_keys entry

Are there any restrictions regarding the hey itself? My key is 1024-bit.
Digest preference for signing (SHA512 as most proffered) shouldn't be an
issue either, since I can sign (as I sign this email) without any
problem.

If anyone has any ideas what might have been wrong, please comment.