SSH authentication using OpenPGP 2.0 smartcard

Patryk Cisek patryk at debian.org
Thu Jan 27 16:01:20 CET 2011

I finally got it working.

Seems like there's some kind of problem with CCID for those readers
-- I'd used internal GnuPG's CCID driver until yesterday.

I've got 2 readers:
OmniKey CardMan 3121 (USB device)
OmniKey CardMan 4040 (PCMCIA device)

Both had the same problem; signing worked fine, but authentication
didn't.

Yesterday I tried to get them working with PCSC-Lite using
manufacturer's drivers:
http://www.hidglobal.com/driverDownloads.php?techCat=19

>From this moment both readers work perfectly. One minor issue is that
for 3121 (USB) I have to kill scdaemon several times in a row when
plugging in reader. For 4040 (PCMCIA), since no hot-plug mechanism,
additionally I have to (re)start pcscd.

Nevertheless works as expected now. :)