two out of three keys.gnupg.net keyservers down?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jan 31 13:43:21 CET 2011

On 01/31/2011 06:14 AM, Jerry wrote:
> In essence, I reported this exact same problem last week. I am not sure
> why the unresponsive servers cannot be fixed; however, as a work
> around, I simple started using a new server as my default:
>
> 	keyserver hkp://wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

if you want the benefits of a DNS round-robin that is kept up-to-date
automatically, you might also try:

 pool.sks-keyservers.net

Werner, how is keys.gnupg.net updated?  I believe Kristian published his
scripts for how the automated updates work for the sks-keyservers pool.
 Is this model something you'd be willing to adopt?

	--dkg