Is the OpenPGP model still useful?

Marcio B. Jr. marcio.barbado at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:28:55 CEST 2011

Hello,
resuming this thread because I'm studying encryption options for KDE's
Kopete IM client.

So far, OTR adoption seems unjustifiable, really. I mean, it uses the
Diffie-Hellman key exchange method with block ciphers.

As of what I got from your (Robert) explanation plus some preliminary
conclusions of my studies, making use of asymmetric algos with OpenPGP
would be more coherent and secure, mathematically. Is it correct?

Regards,