Is the OpenPGP model still useful?

Marcio B. Jr. marcio.barbado at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:39:44 CEST 2011

Dear Doug,
I don't know what "IDOYTM" is supposed to mean, "and am" afraid I'm
not enough-of-a-teenager to get really concerned with that.

If the existence of big fans justifies quality, Amy Winehouse would be
Teresa of Calcutta.

My question, which, I must emphasize for you, is a question — not an
assertion, was on mathematical coherence.

Regards,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 10:28, Marcio B. Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> resuming this thread because I'm studying encryption options for KDE's
>> Kopete IM client.
>>
>> So far, OTR adoption seems unjustifiable, really. I mean, it uses the
>> Diffie-Hellman key exchange method with block ciphers.
>>
>> As of what I got from your (Robert) explanation plus some preliminary
>> conclusions of my studies, making use of asymmetric algos with OpenPGP
>> would be more coherent and secure, mathematically. Is it correct?
>
> IDOYTM, which you haven't defined.
>
> Personally I've used OTR for years, and am a big fan.
>
> --
>
>        Nothin' ever doesn't change, but nothin' changes much.
>                        -- OK Go
>
>        Breadth of IT experience, and depth of knowledge in the DNS.
>        Yours for the right price.  :)  http://SupersetSolutions.com/

Marcio Barbado, Jr.