Is the OpenPGP model still useful?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jul 6 22:50:45 CEST 2011

On 07/06/2011 13:39, Marcio B. Jr. wrote:
> Dear Doug,
> I don't know what "IDOYTM" is supposed to mean,

It depends on your threat model. You haven't defined what you're
guarding against, so it's impossible to judge how potential solutions
may or may not help.

> "and am" afraid I'm
> not enough-of-a-teenager to get really concerned with that.
>
> If the existence of big fans justifies quality, Amy Winehouse would be
> Teresa of Calcutta.

Um, yeah, Ok.

> My question, which, I must emphasize for you, is a question — not an
> assertion, was on mathematical coherence.

And like I said (and Daniel said in more detail) OTR has some very valid
uses cases, but without knowing what your goals are it's hard to respond
intelligently.

Doug

			-- OK Go