Is the OpenPGP model still useful?

Marcio B. Jr. marcio.barbado at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:36:47 CEST 2011

Hi Robert.

Secrecy sharing constitutes sort of a "symmetric fact" when more than
one instance is involved and you ask me for a citation?

I resumed this thread in order to clarify whether Kopete's OpenPGP
plugin was really superior, compared to the OTR one, and all people
say is OTR and its Diffie-Hellman algo are great, but no comparison is
ever made because choice depends on threat model. Come on, this is not
an academic seminar.

It would be simpler to put some hypothetical situation in which you'd
choose one of the options, and explain the reason behind that choice.

What can I say? My situation is a regular one. Privacy and/or
authenticity are needed in varying degrees.

Regards,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:
> On 7/23/11 1:04 PM, Marcio B. Jr. wrote:
>> You know, secrets are shared. 100% increase (at least) in "exposing"
>> risks.
>
> I need to see a citation for this.  What you're claiming is at odds with
> everything I've ever learned about how DHKEA operates.

Marcio Barbado, Jr.