How secure are smartcards?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 25 20:12:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:18, gnupg at lists.grepular.com said:

> That is reassuring. Although, I'd be happier if I could find a technical
> description of the feasibility of such an attack. But if one doesn't

For the v1 card you may want to have a look at the flylogic.net blog;
they have lots of entries about different chips.  There is no specific
entry about the v1 card iirc, but I once sent them a few cards and they
told me it would be easy to read it out using their equipment.

For a general overview on the grade of tamper resistance you may want to
start at http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/tamper/ .

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner