uninstall problems

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 3 13:49:50 CEST 2011

On Thu,  2 Jun 2011 18:18, ian.m.fields at lmco.com said:

> I was attempting to uninstall gnupg-w32cli-1.4.11 from my machine. I

That is quite possible; I have not tested the uninstall featuire for
years.  1.4.x is not recommended for Windows; you better use gpg4win
which feature GnuPG 2.0.  Unfortunately we had a ling to the 1.4 version
on the download page and I was made aware of it only a few weeks ago.

> 2)      I can't reinstall it and get to version 1.4.11 anymore.

Answer the "Install anyway" (os similar) question with yes.  Unless
youare currently using gpg, this should always succeed.

Also check that there is no other GnuPG version installed.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner