Working with a system-shared keyring

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 10 08:56:22 CEST 2011

On Thu,  9 Jun 2011 22:38, dougb at dougbarton.us said:

> IMO that would be a serious regression. I have several different

But fixes a lot of problems.  The keyring is a database and if we
distribute this database to several files without a way to sync them;
this leads to problems.  You may have not been affected by such problems
but only due to the way you use gpg.

> it easy to keep things up to date. I also use keyrings to keep the
> keys that have signed my key, keys that I've signed, etc.

That's easy to figure out.  Your approach keeps duplicates of the keys;
duplicating data is something which should not been done.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner