Temporarily remember passphrase?

Chris Poole lists at chrispoole.com
Tue Jun 21 16:25:58 CEST 2011

Thanks. I have gpg 1.4.11 on a Mac.

I ended up using the `--multifile` option, without starting gpg-agent
directly. It seems to do exactly what I want (presumably doing some
caching in the background for me).

One small issue, which I can't see from the man page: is there a way
to specify the passphrase cache time?

I was decrypting a large number of files (> 12,000), and about half
way through I was asked for my passphrase again. I assume the cache
had expired.