For Windows

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sun Mar 13 17:37:17 CET 2011

On 03/13/2011 07:57, Jerry wrote:
> Outlook Express has been replaced by Windows Mail, an improved e‑mail
> program with enhancements such as junk e‑mail filtering and protection
> against phishing messages.
>
> Why are we even discussing a product that in not and has not been
> available for quite some time. I heard, although have not confirmed,
> that it does not work on Windows 7 anyway which effectively means it is
> dead.

Wow, are you ever naive. :)  There are millions of people still using
Windows XP and Outlook Express. Microsoft has apparently committed to
_supporting_ XP into 2014, which means that you won't see serious
reduction in XP use for a few years after that, with a very long tail of
people continuing to use it for years following. (I spoke with someone
the other day who is still using Windows 98 because "it does what I want
it to do.")

Doug

			-- OK Go