Error message in GNUPG 2.0.1

Runa runap at afrihost.co.za
Sun Mar 20 12:23:03 CET 2011

I'm sorry if this is not the right list to send this to. I'd appreciate it
if you could refer me to the right place that can deal with my problem.

I've never had problems with GNUPG 2.0.14 before. Now all of a sudden I
can't decrypt my files. I get the message: "[filename] contains no value
encrypted data". I don't know what this means or how to correct it. I'm not
a programmer and don't have advanced skills. I've used the programme without
any hassles on XP but now have WIndows 7 Home Premium. It used to work fine
on WIn7 except that I could not verify and decrypt, only decrypt. I had a
recent run-in with viruses and set my Avast Free settings to the max. Could
this be the cause and how do I fix it. If the security software setting is
not a cause, then what is and how to I fix it.

Please help. I have a large number of files encrypted and would hate to
loose my data in them.