Deniability

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Mar 23 00:18:11 CET 2011

On 3/22/2011 6:11 PM, Jerome Baum wrote:
> So, if the goverment alleges I  have something to hide, then it is clear
> that I do? Boy am I happy I don't live in the U.S.

This is cheap ad-hominem.  I said nothing of the sort.  If the
government *alleges* that you *committed a crime*, the government needs
to enter into evidence *how you committed that crime*.

If the crime is evidence spoilation, then yes, the government can enter
into evidence the fact you possessed the tools required to spoil
evidence.  It doesn't mean you're guilty of evidence spoilation: it only
means the jury might find that fact to be interesting and relevant, and
for that reason it should be presented to them.

If I'm accused of stabbing someone to death, the government gets to
enter into evidence the fact I own a knife exactly like the one they
allege was used to murder someone.  This is no different.

I honestly do not understand where you're coming from.  It seems as if
you're deliberately trying to twist around what I'm saying.