GPG Problem - invalid radix64 character

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 17 11:09:28 CEST 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 00:35, jerome at jeromebaum.com said:

> were made for different purposes and I think you're stretching GPG very far
> if you want to encrypt big streams of data. That's more something OpenSSL

As a Unix tool GPG is designed to work on arbitrary data lengths.  The
problem is mereley that at one point gpg needs to see the end of the
data to check the signature (or at least the MDC).  Thus the command pairs

  tar cf - . | gpg -er foo | tooltosenddata

  tooltorecvdata | gpg --batch | tar xf -

should always work.  scp is much easier, though.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner