Key generation on card fails with key sizes larger than 1024 bits

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 17 14:43:27 CEST 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011 18:12, venture37 at gmail.com said:

> I purchased a v2 OpenPGP card for use with a SCM SCR335 card reader,
> attempting to generate keys larger than 1024 bits fails, I've been

This should definitely work.  To help you we need more input:

What version of GnuPG are you running (gpg --version)?
Are you using pcscd? (it seems not).

> I've set debug-all in my gpg-agent & scdaemon config files to get

Add

  verbose
  debug 1024
  debug-ccid-driver
  log-file /foo/bar/scdaemon.log

to ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf .  This will give you a more detailed debug
output.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner