I can't stop encryption being done with a wrong key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri May 27 17:50:17 CEST 2011

On 05/27/2011 11:19 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I eventually found where I could disable the key both in Thunderbird and in
> KMail, so all is now well.

I'm glad you got it resolved!  I think this is more of a demonstration
that fixing this to do the Right Thing by default in gpg itself would
have been a boon to both kmail and enigmail (and any other frontends).

If you have thoughts on what gpg should have done in the first place,
there's an open bug report titled "better heuristic for choosing an
encryption key based on a User ID":

  https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1143

You might want to add comments there describing your preferred behavior.

Regards,

	--dkg