Signing already-encrypted files (all to self)?

gnupg at lists.grepular.com gnupg at lists.grepular.com
Sat Nov 12 13:56:24 CET 2011

On 11/11/11 22:54, Chris Poole wrote:

>> I would just produce a list of SHA1s of the files and then sign that.
>
> OK thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'd still have to decrypt and re-encrypt
> them to keep hashes of all plaintext versions of the files though. (Thinking
> about running this script every few days and hashing the latest files pulled
> from the IMAP server; it'd be far easier just to find any files not ending in
> ".gpg" to hash.)

If you'd prefer to automatically encrypt your emails with your public
GPG key on delivery, rather than using a batch job every few days, you
can read up on the technique I use to do that here:
https://grepular.com/Automatically_Encrypting_all_Incoming_Email

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell