Signing already-encrypted files (all to self)?

Chris Poole lists at chrispoole.com
Sat Nov 12 14:45:15 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> I think this came up last time and I don't remember the reason you
> didn't like the solution, but wouldn't something like truecrypt be a
> whole heckuva lot easier?

I don't remember asking it before, but one reason I don't like Truecrypt is that
I use Duplicity to backup my local files, so having the individually encrypted
makes things easier (since it'll just ignore the ones already backed up). Adding
them to the truecrypt container would cause the entire thing to change (ignoring
homomorphic encryption or things iterating towards that).

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM,  <gnupg at lists.grepular.com> wrote:
> If you'd prefer to automatically encrypt your emails with your public
> GPG key on delivery, rather than using a batch job every few days, you
> can read up on the technique I use to do that here:
> https://grepular.com/Automatically_Encrypting_all_Incoming_Email

Thanks, that's interesting reading. I use `getmail` to grab the messages, and
just pass them through gpg when this runs, so it works well for what I want.

Cheers

Chris Poole
[PGP BAD246F9]