"--status-fd"

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 16 19:09:38 CET 2011

Hello,

When I have a group of messages in a folder, which were encrypted by others
with one of my public keys, and I enter the command "gpg -status-fd", the
gpg program will scroll through all of these messages one by one showing me
the keyID for which each message was encrypted.  However, when I add a
message that I have myself encrypted to one of these same keys on my
keyring, and I put this message in the folder, and run the same command, the
gpg program will scroll through all of these messages just the same way
showing me the keyIDs, except for the message that I just encrypted and
added to the group;  for it there is no keyID shown.  I tried flushing the
cache beforehand, but the same result occurs.  Why is this message handled
differently?  Thanks.

John