GPA File Manager

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Nov 18 20:07:50 CET 2011

On 11/18/11 1:50 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> My original post was intended to be a humorous jab pointing out the
> irony of restricting our freedom to discuss other, relevant, software
> projects; in the name of freedom. That's all. :)

Is it really irony at all?  The GPL itself restricts freedom for the
purpose of preserving freedom.  Discussion restrictions seem like a
natural extension: GPLism introduced to the world of written discourse.  :)

(No license flamewars, please: I'm not making any normative statements
here.  I'm just pointing out that such restrictions are not unexpected
given the chosen licensing of GnuPG.)