How to use terminal to change mac-cache-ttl

Vortran66 americabrazil1234 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 01:55:16 CEST 2011

I am using GnuPG with Mac OSX  I need to reset password caching to a lower
setting than the default.  I was told that caching in gpg-agent is
responsible for this and that I need to configure its cache entry
TTL values. I was told to look for cache settings in gpg-agent.conf (to be
created in your
GnuPG homedir.

I have a very limited knowledge of using terminal in Mac.  Can someone tell
me what commands I would need to enter to do this.

I believe I need to set --max-cache-ttl n  (with n being seconds).  The
problem is I have no idea how to go about changing this in terminal.  Sorry
for being so ignorant on this.